Well Being… Information and Resources.
We’ve compiled and created a great selection of information and materials for you to use to learn more about how you can embrace a lifestyle of health and well being.
Click the tabs below to access articles, video, podcasts and a host of other resources to help you on your health journey.
Check back often! We’re always adding new content.
Enjoy these crisp, powerful nuggets of well-being wisdom packaged in bite size video vignettes.
- Creating Your Personal Wellness Program – Employee wellness programs are great. Learn how to use the resources you have available to make a personalized wellness program that meets your individual needs.
- Deer Crossing -“Do you start off excitedly working toward achieving your goal… only to get almost there, realize things look a little differently than you imagined, and then, instead of fully committing, you change your mind midway and scurry back to your old habits? It’s time to unravel those deer-like tendencies and get on your way to a healthier more vibrant you.
- Getting Started Is the Hardest Part – It’s time to break it off! Learn how a relationship with the “ation” triplets – procrastination, hesitation and intimidation – can stop you from taking the steps to reach your goals.
- The End of Nutrition as We’ve Known It – Learn why there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all diet, and find out what diet is right for you!
Get connected to HONEST information about your life, your lifestyle & your health on The Wellness Connection radio show.
(Some podcasts may have a commercial that plays before the show starts. Please bear with us as we work very hard to make that go away!)
- The Real Skinny on Fat – It’s time to get over our love/hate relationship with fat. Listen in to see why fat has been getting a bad wrap! NEW
- Rumble in Your Tumble? Digest This! – With more than 60 million people plagued with digestive problems… it’s time we get to the bottom of the rumble.Let’s take a look at stress (who? you? stressed?) and how it directly affects your digestive system. And as always, you’ll get some practical solutions to quieting the noise!
- Tired of Being Tired? Could be a Thyroid Thing! – Are you feeling fatigued, moody, depressed, cold, foggy headed… or experiencing a host of other symptoms? Unfortunately, you’re not alone! But what’s a person to do? If you’re wondering what might be the cause of your “moody blues”, you may want to point a finger at Low T… that is, low thyroid function.
- Easin’ The Sneezin’ It’s Allergy Season – We’re tackling the hot button of seasonal allergies. Listen in for some tried, tested and true ideas for making your way through the season relatively unscathed!
- Walk Away From Father Time – Newsflash… we’re getting older! A healthy lifestyle leads to healthy living – at any age! Listen in as we share information about what makes up a healthy exercise routine and the tremendous health benefits of exercising. Exercise alone may not be the fountain of youth, but it definitely is a good long drink of vitality.
Stay in the know with the latest health news, as well as tips and information to help you improve your health and wellbeing.
- High Blood Pressure – Sugar, Not Salt, May be the Culprit NEW
- Less Sleep, More Weight…What the??? NEW
- 4 Habits of Healthy People
- 10 Reasons to Eat Less Sugar Have Nothing to do with Weight Loss
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Diet Right – Cut Calories Not Nutrition
- Is Sitting the New Smoking
- Male Obesity – It’s Not a Weighting Game
- Self-Acceptance for a Healthy Life
- Go Outside and Play
- Fitness Facts for Women
Looking for a good book to read? This reading list shares favorites reads from our team of contributing practitioners and professionals. The list reflect a diversity of genres, interests and perspectives.
- Food and Healing (Annemarie Colbin)
- Meal by Meal (Donald Altman)
- Metabolic Typing Diet (William Wolcott)
- Nourishing Traditions (Sally Fallon)
- Sugars that Heal (Emil Mondoa/Mindy Kitei)
- Healing with Whole Foods (Paul Pitchford)
- Get the Sugar Out (Ann Louise Gittleman)
- The Power of Now (Eckhart Tolle)
- Wabi Sabi Love (Arielle Ford)
- The Shack (William Paul Young)
- The Big Leap (Gay Hendricks)
- The Happiness Project (Gretchen Rubin)
- The Power of I Am (Joel Olsteen)
- When Breath Becomes Air (Abraham Verghese)
- Infinite Possibilities (Mike Dooley)
- The Seat of the Soul (Gary Zukav)
- Your Body’s Many Cries for Water (Fereydoon Batmanghelid)
- Feelings Buried Alive Never Die (Karol K. Truman)
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About PreMenopause (John R. Lee, M.D.)
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause (John R. Lee, M.D.)
- Why Zebras Don’t Have Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky
- Who? Me? Stressed? (Lynise Anderson, N.D.)